January 02, 2013

Films 2

1) This is 40A look at the lives of Pete and Debbie a few years after the events of Knocked Up.



My opinion: Managed to get through it, constantly waiting for the funny stuff to begin. Let's face it, its supposed to be a comedy but the only partially funny thing in this film are some similarities you might notice with your own life. Too long, lacking in humour with an occasional save by Megan Fox.


2) LooperIn 2074, when the mob wants to get rid of someone, the target is sent 30 years into the past, where a hired gun awaits. Someone like Joe, who one day learns the mob wants to 'close the loop' by transporting back Joe's future self.





My opinion: An interesting concept. I love sci-fi and I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt. But. And there's a big but. The plot is complicated. I found myself rewinding and fowarding this film quite a bit, so I could finally understand the point. I still don't get one particular section of the film. And don't even get me started on the actors. Is it really so hard to find two actors who look just a bit more like each other. No way Gordon-Levitt ages to become Willis. No way, ever. And Willis looks funny with a long black wig (a brief scene when Joe's aging). So, to sum up... Worth watching, but could be a looooot better.

3) Resident Evil: RetributionAlice fights alongside a resistance movement in the continuing battle against the Umbrella Corporation and the undead.




My opinion:  Impossible to watch if you haven't seen the first 4 films. The plot is similar to the others and there are no special surprises. Great, if you like the franchise.

Sources: en.wikipedia.org, www.imdb.com, /www.comingsoon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment